Teacher Preferred Method of Communication: Email
Conference Time: 8th period 2:02-2:50
College and Teaching Background:
- Sam Houston State Graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Education/ Minor in English
- 14 years in Education
- Experience teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade in Cy-Fair, Klein, and Tomball
- Currently the Cats for Christ Sponsor and UIL Ready Writing Coach
- Mother to three adorable, active children Zoie(10), Ellakay(7), and Brady(4) that keep me on my toes!!
- Avid reader of historical fiction, dystopian, mystery, and juvenile fiction
- Enjoys running and listening to music
ELA 8th Grade 2015-2016 Goal:
To Strengthen and Enhance Communication, Collaboration, and Critical Thinking Skills
ELA Class Mission:
We will study and analyze English as both a language class and a literature class through reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
We will focus on applying the English language correctly, writing effectively, and understanding the importance of literature and how it impacts our lives.
We will read and critique a variety of genres and authors throughout the course of the year.
ELA Teacher Philosophy:
I have high expectations for all my students. I expect them to work hard every day.
Assignments and homework must be complete and turned in on time.
Students are responsible for their own actions and for turning in work.
Respect! I expect all my students to have respect for themselves, others and other's belongings. I have a tough love approach in my classroom; meaning, I am going to love and respect them, but I am going to be tough on them. I will treat them like I want my own children treated. There are rules and expectations that will be followed and consequences if they are not. I am loving and compassionate, but I am also firm and just.
ELA Class Expectations:
1) Be Proactive
2) Be Prepared
3) Be Responsible
4) Be Respectful
5) Be ready to be Challenged!!
Volunteer Opportunities for Parents:
To Be Announced as Opportunities Arrive for My Classroom.
Contact the School Renaissance Parent Volunteer program for additional opportunites