Welcome to Dance I!
I am so excited to be teaching your children this year. I have listed some important information for you and your child to be aware of through out the year.
- Attire for class: Solid black or grey leggings and fitted top. Please no shorts. Students can wear black or tan jazz shoes, pirouettes or dance barefoot. Please note that we will be turning a lot in the class, so shoes do help them from sticking to the dance floor.
- Wednesday: We go to the track on Wednesdays. Students are able to wear mid-thigh length shorts or leggings and a t-shirt. They can wear any color. I do remind the girls that there are football players and boys PE out on the track at the same time, so they need to be mindful of what they wear.
- Supplies: Each student is required to have a folders with brads, pockets and notebook paper.
- Dance Units we will be studying:
- Warm-Up dance
- Hip Hop
- Drill Team/Military
- Choreography Unit: Students will be asked to choreography a dance using students in their class at the end of the year. They will have the dancers perform to the PE classes. They will also be performing their selves in other students pieces. This is a performance based class, so we do encourage girls to get comfortable getting up in front of their peers and performing.
- Grading Guidelines: We follow district policy 40% Daily Grades and 60% Major Grades. Daily grades include class participation, writing, notes and choreography. Major grades include dressing out, unit exams, choreography notebook and dance performance. Students can earn extra credit points by attending a play or dance performance.
- Sept 29th,2018 - Silver Star Dance Clinic am -1pm Students who attend the clinic will be able to perform at the Pre-game show on Oct 5th.
Click on the link below for Registration:
- December 1, 2018 - Willow Wood Junior High Dance Clinic
- May 4, 2018 - Fine Arts Festival
- May 10-11 - End of the year show
Could not find any upcoming assignments due.