Please make sure that you read the Return to Excellence 2020 Reopening Handbook. Please click on the following links: https://4.files.edl.io/6c0d/08/27/20/164516-60d6c5e2-d1e1-4c3b-aa29-dde26be17133.pdf Spanish Version https://4.files.edl.io/aa74/08/28/20/182639-09e04b74-114d-4b04-b900-3a6619b94831.pdf
- Student schedules: The counselors are working on finalizing student schedules. Our goal is to have schedules ready by Thursday for the students. Student schedules have not been finalized yet. We will let parents know when they are ready!
- Our bell schedule: Bell Schedule for Web Page.docx
- Virtual Classes: If your child is a virtual student, they will follow the same bell schedule as the face to face students. Please refer to the link above for the bell schedule. First period is first period for every student. First period starts at 7:30! Students must follow their schedule from class period to class period. Content learning and activities will be planned by the teacher to make sure each student receives appropriate instructional minutes in synchronous or asynchronous learning opportunities. Synchronous instruction are the times where the students should be logged in receiving live instruction from their classroom teacher. Teachers will also have recorded lessons available for students to view in an Asynchronous fashion. Asynchronous instruction does not necessarily happen in live time or require the student and teacher to be engaged at the same time. This can take several forms including students viewing pre-recorded lessons, digital learning tasks, etc on their own time, and sometimes at their own pace. On your student's schedule, there will be built in Asynchronous time such as the periods titled Advisory Period, which occurs during 5th period. Your student should take this time to complete any Asynchronous work assigned by their teacher in the various core content or elective areas. All 5th Grade Virtual Fine Arts classes including PE, Art and Music will be Asynchronous. As the year goes on, teachers will take advantage of students Asynchronous time and invite students to join them in scheduled small group learning, intervention and/or enrichment/extension opportunities particularly during their Advisory Time.
- Students will not be assigned lockers. We ask that during the first week of school that students do not bring all of their school supplies. Teachers will advise students of the materials that they need for each class. For the first week of school, students will only need to bring a pen, pencil, and paper.
- Electronic Devices: Students are allowed to bring electronic devices to school. Please understand that if a student/parent decides to bring a personal device to school, you are doing so at your own risk. This is not a requirement for students. Please make sure that they are fully charged before coming to school. All TISD Acceptable use policy must be followed.
- Water Fountains: Students may not drink out of any water fountain. Water Fountains will only be used to fill water bottles. Students need to bring a water bottle to school to use daily. NO YETI style or Lid Cups will be allowed on campus. Those types of cups spill very easily.
- In an effort to limit outside exposure and viral spread of COVID-19, visitors will not be allowed inside school facilities during the fall semester of the 2020-21 school year. If you come to campus to pick up your child, ex. For a doctor’s appointment, please have your ID available and you will see directions on the front doors.
- 7th and 8th Grade students will transition to their classes at separate times of the day to reduce the number of students in the hallway at one time.
- We have established one-way hallways throughout the building in an effort to minimize hall traffic and exposure during hall transitions.
- Students must screen daily for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering a school bus or school. Please refer to the following Daily Health Screening for Students document. Parents or guardians are required to attest to a daily screening on their children at home to ensure they do not have one of the following exclusionary criteria for going to school: Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (see graphic below) Lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnosis Close contact with an individual with a lab-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis If students meet any one of the exclusionary criteria, they must stay home from school. It will be implied that if a student arrives at school or at a bus stop that the student and parents attest they are free from the exclusionary criteria.
- Students must wear a mask every day, at WWJHS. Students are required to supply their own face mask.
- All students in Tomball ISD will be accessing a Learning Management Platform called Schoology. This will be the primary means of communication between our Virtual Teachers, Students and Parents. The TISD Schoology website https://www.tomballisd.net/apps/pages/schoology is live now and can be found under the Students & Families drop-down menu on the main TISD website. The site provides information about student and parent views in Schoology. Student credential and login information will be shared soon with parents as well.
- We will have a new procedure For Car-rider Drop Off and Pick up for this school year! Students will be dropped off and picked up in the back by the cafeteria. A separate email will be sent out soon about the new system. WWJHS doors open at 7:10 AM for car riders and walkers, and there will be staff members ready to greet our students at the Cafeteria Doors of the building if you are a car rider/walker. Please be reminded that students must have on their masks prior to entering the building and will already be wearing their masks if they are riding a bus. Dismissal begins at 2:50 PM and we ask that parents remain in the car rider line until staff waves you on. Please refrain from using the front parking lot to drop-off or pick-up students at the beginning and end of the day because the front drive will be used for bus service.
- Student ID’s: Will be provided to every TISD student and be worn every day. More details coming from TISD.
- We will upload Campus Orientation videos for students at the end of the week. The videos will be uploaded to the WWJHS web page at https://wwjhs.tomballisd.net/
- The following is from the transportation department: Due to social distancing which restricts our numbers on the buses, and contact tracing, please remember:
- All students needing bus service must register in advance, and wait until they are notified by Transportation before they can ride. It takes several days to place and notify students. If you already completed your commitment form that was sent out by the district on July 24th and August 6th (Forms in which you chose Face to Face or Virtual Learning, and filled out the portion as how your child is being transported to and from school, your student has been registered. In the mornings, it may not be safe to leave a student at a stop alone, so drivers may bring some non-registered students to school, but will not transport them back home in the afternoon. Bus Passes will not be accepted at this time. Students may only ride the bus they are registered to, and must be registered to ride. InfoFinder I shows general bus information according to address and campus. PLEASE REMEMBER that looking a student’s address up and receiving a bus number does not mean they are registered for service. This system does not define stops by student names, or specific addresses. It defines stops according to boundaries.
I know this was a lot of information, but I wanted for our WWJHS families to have the most updated information as we continue to prepare for what's ahead. Our teachers are so excited to get back to teaching and learning and can't wait to see our students either back in the building or in our Virtual Environment. We wish you all a great week and please be on the lookout for more information from TISD and WWJHS. Take care.