Welcome New Band Members!
2018-2019 Northpointe and Oakcrest Intermediate Bands
Welcome NEW Northpointe and Oakcrest Band Members!
If you were not able to attend an instrument selection meeting then we will be pulling students during class time during the weeks of May 21 and 28 in order to be assessed. Once instrument choice is made, we will send confirmation home to parents.
For those who have been placed on instruments, you can confirm selection by logging on to your Charms account:
2. Click on Login
3. Enter the school code: willowwoodband
4. Enter your password - Previously set up by you or, if you haven't done that yet, the default, which is the 6-digit student ID number
5. Click on the link to update your info
See below for copies of the list of recommended instruments brands and supplies.
Our recommended vendors are Music and Arts
and H and H Music
. Music and Arts has a local store in the Tomball Crossings shopping center at Hwy 249 and Spring Cypress, near Old Navy. You can complete rental online at either store or go in person. Both stores have our supply lists on file.
If you will be playing a school-owned instrument (oboe, bassoon, horn, euphonium, or tuba) then you will purchase your mouthpiece and other supplies at the store, and we will furnish your instrument to you at the start of school. The $100 instrument usage fee will be collected at that time.
2018-2019 Willow Wood Junior High Bands
If you are moving from another school or district and will be participating in band at Willow Wood next year, please contact Mr. Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please provide as much of the following information as you can:
- the student name and grade level for 2018-2019
- the name of the school and head band director from the school from which you are moving
- if known, what band "level" the student is coming from and/or would have been placed in for 2018-2019 (for example, 1st band, 2nd band, beginner, etc.).
Most incoming students are initially placed in one of our non-varsity bands. During the first week of school the student will be heard by a band director in order to determine final band "level" placement. The student is encouraged to prepare and be ready to play as much of the following as he or she is able:
- The chromatic scale (as much as the student is able to play)
- Major scales (as many as the student can play)
- A short prepared musical selection that best shows the student's playing ability (past audition music, a portion of a solo, a line or lines from a method book, something the student worked on in private lessons, etc.)
- Students may also be asked to sightread a brief musical selection
If you would like to complete your placement audition in advance of the coming school year by submitting a recording or video then contact Mr. Shaw at the address given above. We are looking forward to having you in our program!!!