For New Members
Welcome New Band Members!
2020-2021 Northpointe and Oakcrest Intermediate Bands
Welcome NEW Northpointe and Oakcrest Band Members!
Thank you for your patience as we have worked our way through the circumstances of this unprecendented summer.
Parents will receive an email with further details, but our plan is to hold instrument placement meetings and interviews through Google Meet during the week of August 3. Students will receive to their district email accounts a Google Meet link for their assigned date and time.
Every incoming beginning and student is asked to fill out an online registration form (this is the same form for which you will/will have received a link in the parent email). Parents, please help your child as they work their way through this form. A link to the form will be placed here once it goes live.
In addition, we have created a page with instrument demonstration videos and answers to Frequently Asked Questions for Band. Click HERE.
If you do not receive an email with more information and your meeting date and time by the end of the day on Friday, July 23, please do not hesitate to reach out to the band directors.
Students should receive a link to the Google Meet at their assigned date and time by Saturday, August 1. If not, please contact the band directors.
2020-2021 Willow Wood Bands
Audition materials have been uploaded to Google Classroom.
If you are moving from another school or district and will be participating in band at Willow Wood next year, please contact Mr. Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much of the following information as you can.
- the student name and grade level for 2020-2021
- the name of the school and head band director from the school from which you are moving
- if known, what band "level" the student is coming from and/or would have been placed in for 2019-2020 (for example, 1st band, 2nd band, beginner, etc.).
Most incoming students are initially placed in one of our non-varsity bands. During the first week of school the student will be heard by a band director in order to determine final band "level" placement. The student is encouraged to prepare and be ready to play as much of the following as he or she is able:
- The chromatic scale (as much as the student is able to play)
- Major scales (as many as the student can play)
- A short prepared musical selection that best shows the student's playing ability (past audition music, a portion of a solo, a line or lines from a method book, something the student worked on in private lessons, etc.)
- Students may also be asked to sightread a brief musical selection
If you would like to complete your placement audition in advance of the coming school year by submitting a recording or video then contact Mr. Shaw at the email address given above. We are looking forward to having you in our program!!!