The PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) at WWJH serves the students, teachers, and faculty in various ways throughout the school year. All parents are encouraged to become a part of this organization – membership is free. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also – check out our Facebook Page – Willow Wood Junior High PTO
You can donate to the WWJH Renaissance Booster Club at anytime and 100% of all funds go straight to our students! Click here to learn more!
Through such donations we are able to support the special activities and volunteer opportunities below:
- General Parent Volunteer: consists of parents who help with specific activities throughout the school year, e.g. orientation, STAAR tests, clinic health screenings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Student Achievement Recognition: WOW Cards (Willow Wood Outstanding Wildcats)This committee will hand out reward cards at the end of each 9 week grading period. Students have the opportunity to receive cards from the following categories:
- All A's- students making all A's
- A/B - students with no more than 6 B's (must have at least one A)
- 10 point Improvement- An overall 10 point improvement for the current 9 weeks
Note: A student can only receive one (the higher award) academic WOW Card per 9 week period.
- 8th Grade Celebration: plans a party type celebration for all the 8th graders at the end of the school year.
- Teacher Appreciation: plans events that show our appreciation to the teachers.
- Fundraising/Donations: This committee will develop fundraising ideas to support Renaissance rewards, and obtain community donations for school fundraising projects. At this time, we sell WWJH T-shirts, Sweatshirts and window decals.
- Recruiting: This committee will attend the PTO or Renaissance Society meetings on other campuses to help with the transition from 6th to 7th and from 8th to 9th grades.